Products

Solutions

Learn More

Partners

Community

Blog

About

The Community Blog is a personal opinion of community members and by no means the official standpoint of DNN Corp or DNN Platform. This is a place to express personal thoughts about DNNPlatform, the community and its ecosystem. Do you have useful information that you would like to share with the DNN Community in a featured article or blog? If so, please contact .

The use of the Community Blog is covered by our Community Blog Guidelines - please read before commenting or posting.


DNN TAG Meeting 11-13-2018

The DNN Technology Ecosystem Advisory Group continues to meet on a weekly basis mapping out the future of DNN. The meeting agenda and minutes are shared here in blog entries so that everyone can see the progress being made and conversations occurring in the group.

This November 13th meeting we discussed about GDPR, Issue review process, XML documentation, the common React components refactoring and we converted many RFCs into actual actionable issues.


Dnn Technology Advisory Group

Meeting Agenda

Date: November 13th 2018

Time: 3PM EST

Participants: Oliver Hine, Daniel Valadas, Ernie, Stefan Kamphuis, Matt Rtledge, Clint Patterson, Mark, Peter Donker, Daniel Aguilera, Mike Smeltzer, Robert Dima, Sebastian Leupold, Affiza Fazreen, David Proindexter

  1. Review and adoption of agenda

  2. Approval of minutes from last meeting

  3. Finished business / Reports / Announcements

  4. Unfinished business / Status updates

    1. GDPR update by Peter Donker Peter submitted some pull requests, will bring the discussion offline to sync efforts on the items to do.
      Still in progress

    2. Issue Review on Platform and AdminExperience. Oliver was investigation Issue.sh as a tool to allow people to help with triage without needing write access. Still investigation options, we will come back to this in a few weeks.
      Oliver Hine, investigation issue.sh

    3. APIs Documentation XML documentation on public APIs would be welcome, David mentioned DocFX and Kelly also investigating + working on more verbose documentation.
      Daniel, submitted 1 more for HostController, still in progress.

    4. Dnn.React.Common:
      Matt still working on that and writing a storybook , Peter Donker: some components are not isolated properly and might not be reusable as planned

  5. New business

    1. CI :
      Adjustements needed on the build process for CI, currently a permission issue preventing the nightly build to include the latest AdminExperience.

    2. RFC: Clearing Cache Improvements:
      - Improving the button to a dropdown with multiple options as discussed in RFC.
      - Edit bar would have a notice about cache.
      - Documentation about caching
      Oliver will create the 3 issues and close the RFC

    3. RFC: AdminExperience: Improve Initial Loading and Appearance
      - Performance improvements: reduction of xhr requests
      - Usage of image sprites
      - Admin Experience team feing formed
      Oliver will create 3 issues and close the RFC

    4. RFC: Event Log, Exceptions table
      - Fixing the hash
      - Fix PurgeEventLog
      - Fix auto-cleanup of log4net, rolling file, etc.
      - The consensus is to clear log4net when cleaning the log and with a scheduled task
      - Discussion on exposition the log4net config into the UI
      Oliver will create the issues and close the RFC

    5. RFC: Site Template Support
      - Template used for import-export has changed to xml+sqlLite
      - Need UI and code change for supporting site templates with new format
      - Code for import/export is in the Persona Bar only, and should be moved to the platform
      - Current website template, made for localization, specific tool was done at Dnn Corp for that. Some content was dynamically generated from some resource keys.
      Oliver will create issues and close the RFC

    6. RFC: Module Actions Update
      - Still no consensus, please comment your opinions on the RFC

    7. RFC: GDPR Data Processing Consent
      - Should we add a table for that to keep history of acceptances or should we just use the existing UserPortal table as a boolean column, admin UI would clear it when needed.
      - Another option is to record version histories in the html module previous versions
      Peter will create the issues and close the RFC

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Comment Form

Only registered users may post comments.

NewsArchives


Aderson Oliveira (22)
Alec Whittington (11)
Alessandra Davies (3)
Alex Shirley (10)
Andrew Hoefling (3)
Andrew Nurse (30)
Andy Tryba (1)
Anthony Glenwright (5)
Antonio Chagoury (28)
Ash Prasad (37)
Ben Schmidt (1)
Benjamin Hermann (25)
Benoit Sarton (9)
Beth Firebaugh (12)
Bill Walker (36)
Bob Kruger (5)
Bogdan Litescu (1)
Brian Dukes (2)
Brice Snow (1)
Bruce Chapman (20)
Bryan Andrews (1)
cathal connolly (55)
Charles Nurse (163)
Chris Hammond (213)
Chris Paterra (55)
Clint Patterson (102)
Cuong Dang (21)
Daniel Bartholomew (2)
Daniel Mettler (165)
Daniel Valadas (25)
Dave Buckner (2)
David Poindexter (12)
David Rodriguez (3)
Dennis Shiao (1)
Doug Howell (11)
Erik van Ballegoij (30)
Ernst Peter Tamminga (79)
Francisco Perez Andres (12)
Geoff Barlow (12)
George Alatrash (12)
Gifford Watkins (3)
Gilles Le Pigocher (3)
Ian Robinson (7)
Israel Martinez (17)
Jan Blomquist (2)
Jan Jonas (3)
Jaspreet Bhatia (1)
Jenni Merrifield (6)
Joe Brinkman (274)
John Mitchell (1)
Jon Henning (14)
Jonathan Sheely (4)
Jordan Coopersmith (1)
Joseph Craig (2)
Kan Ma (1)
Keivan Beigi (3)
Kelly Ford (3)
Ken Grierson (10)
Kevin Schreiner (6)
Leigh Pointer (31)
Lorraine Young (60)
Malik Khan (1)
Matt Rutledge (1)
Matthias Schlomann (16)
Mauricio Márquez (5)
Michael Doxsey (7)
Michael Tobisch (3)
Michael Washington (202)
Miguel Gatmaytan (3)
Mike Horton (19)
Mitchel Sellers (36)
Nathan Rover (3)
Navin V Nagiah (14)
Néstor Sánchez (31)
Nik Kalyani (14)
Oliver Hine (1)
Peter Donker (54)
Philip Beadle (135)
Philipp Becker (4)
Richard Dumas (22)
Robert J Collins (5)
Roger Selwyn (8)
Ruben Lopez (1)
Ryan Martinez (1)
Sacha Trauwaen (1)
Salar Golestanian (4)
Sanjay Mehrotra (9)
Scott McCulloch (1)
Scott S (11)
Scott Wilkinson (3)
Scott Willhite (97)
Sebastian Leupold (80)
Shaun Walker (237)
Shawn Mehaffie (17)
Stefan Cullmann (12)
Stefan Kamphuis (12)
Steve Fabian (31)
Steven Fisher (1)
Timo Breumelhof (24)
Tony Henrich (3)
Torsten Weggen (3)
Tycho de Waard (4)
Vicenç Masanas (27)
Vincent Nguyen (3)
Vitaly Kozadayev (6)
Will Morgenweck (40)
Will Strohl (172)
William Severance (5)

Content Layout

Subscribe to DNN Digest

Subscribe to DNN Digest

DNN Digest is our monthly email newsletter. It highlights news and content from around the DNN ecosystem, such as new modules and themes, messages from leadership, blog posts and notable tweets. Keep your finger on the pulse of the ecosystem by subscribing.  

What is Liquid Content?
Find Out
What is Liquid Content?
Find Out
What is Liquid Content?
Find Out