The DNN Technology Ecosystem Advisory Group continues to meet on a weekly basis mapping out the future of DNN. The meeting agenda and minutes are shared here in blog entries so that everyone can see the progress being made and conversations occurring in the group.
This November 13th meeting we discussed about GDPR, Issue review process, XML documentation, the common React components refactoring and we converted many RFCs into actual actionable issues.
Dnn Technology Advisory Group
Date: November 13th 2018
Time: 3PM EST
Participants: Oliver Hine, Daniel Valadas, Ernie, Stefan Kamphuis, Matt Rtledge, Clint Patterson, Mark, Peter Donker, Daniel Aguilera, Mike Smeltzer, Robert Dima, Sebastian Leupold, Affiza Fazreen, David Proindexter
Review and adoption of agenda
Approval of minutes from last meeting
Finished business / Reports / Announcements
Unfinished business / Status updates
GDPR update by Peter Donker Peter submitted some pull requests, will bring the discussion offline to sync efforts on the items to do.
Still in progress
Issue Review on Platform and AdminExperience. Oliver was investigation Issue.sh as a tool to allow people to help with triage without needing write access. Still investigation options, we will come back to this in a few weeks.
Oliver Hine, investigation issue.sh
APIs Documentation XML documentation on public APIs would be welcome, David mentioned DocFX and Kelly also investigating + working on more verbose documentation.
Daniel, submitted 1 more for HostController, still in progress.
Matt still working on that and writing a storybook , Peter Donker: some components are not isolated properly and might not be reusable as planned
Adjustements needed on the build process for CI, currently a permission issue preventing the nightly build to include the latest AdminExperience.
RFC: Clearing Cache Improvements:
- Improving the button to a dropdown with multiple options as discussed in RFC.
- Edit bar would have a notice about cache.
- Documentation about caching
Oliver will create the 3 issues and close the RFC
RFC: AdminExperience: Improve Initial Loading and Appearance
- Performance improvements: reduction of xhr requests
- Usage of image sprites
- Admin Experience team feing formed
Oliver will create 3 issues and close the RFC
RFC: Event Log, Exceptions table
- Fixing the hash
- Fix PurgeEventLog
- Fix auto-cleanup of log4net, rolling file, etc.
- The consensus is to clear log4net when cleaning the log and with a scheduled task
- Discussion on exposition the log4net config into the UI
Oliver will create the issues and close the RFC
RFC: Site Template Support
- Template used for import-export has changed to xml+sqlLite
- Need UI and code change for supporting site templates with new format
- Code for import/export is in the Persona Bar only, and should be moved to the platform
- Current website template, made for localization, specific tool was done at Dnn Corp for that. Some content was dynamically generated from some resource keys.
Oliver will create issues and close the RFC
RFC: Module Actions Update
- Still no consensus, please comment your opinions on the RFC
RFC: GDPR Data Processing Consent
- Should we add a table for that to keep history of acceptances or should we just use the existing UserPortal table as a boolean column, admin UI would clear it when needed.
- Another option is to record version histories in the html module previous versions
Peter will create the issues and close the RFC