Products

Solutions

Learn More

Partners

Community

Blog

About

The Community Blog is a personal opinion of community members and by no means the official standpoint of DNN Corp or DNN Platform. This is a place to express personal thoughts about DNNPlatform, the community and its ecosystem. Do you have useful information that you would like to share with the DNN Community in a featured article or blog? If so, please contact .

The use of the Community Blog is covered by our Community Blog Guidelines - please read before commenting or posting.


DNN TAG Meeting 9-25-2018

The DNN Technology Ecosystem Advisory Group continues to meet on a weekly basis mapping out the future of DNN. The meeting agenda and minutes are shared here in blog entries so that everyone can see the progress being made and conversations occurring in the group.

This September 25th meeting saw discussion around the DNN 9.2.2 release the Dnn 9.3 planning and introduced some long term plans to the long term meeting agenda.


Dnn Technology Advisory Group

Meeting Agenda

Date: September 25th 2018

Time: 3PM EST

Participants: Stefan Kamphuis, Daniel Valadas, Robert Dima, Oliver Hine, Peter Donker, Mitchel Sellers, Tomasz Pluskiewicz, Bian Dukes, Daniel Aguilera, Ash Prasad, Mike Smeltzer, Sebastian Leupold, Matt Rutledge, Ernst Peter Tamminga, David Poindexter

  1. Review and adoption of agenda

  2. Approval of minutes from last meeting

  3. Finished business / Reports / Announcements

    1. Confirm meeting agenda blog post is ok.
      Everybody happy with current format.

  4. Unfinished business / Status updates

    1. Dnn 9.2.2 RC update GO / NO GO
      We are now at RC2 ? Oliver setup a google form to collect who tested what. Will move to the community google drive so everybody can improve the process. No major showstoppers on 9.2.2 RC2 build 177 currently. Default.aspx checksum needs to be updated. EVOQ testing will be done and if everything is fine the release date will be September 26th…

    2. Security Analyser:
      The security analyser check for richtext in profile should be an alert not a fail in the future. We should add running the security analyser as a testing step in the testing form.

    3. Do we dedicate a meeting every 6 weeks to specifically discuss long term goals.
      We will create an agenda item to park the long term projects discussions. First date will be 23rd October and then every 6 weeks going forward.

    4. Do we implement something to collect a global idea of availabilities (vacations, etc.), last meeting this went on a tangent with milestones, tags, projects, assigning people to issues, etc. What do we do for vacations?
      We will add a “community in progress” tag to mark issues being worked on by a community member. Community members working on issues should comment they have started work in the issue comment. A team member will assign the user and tag.

    5. Community webinars (Peter Donker) postponed from last meeting
      Postponed to next meeting

    6. React Components updates (Matt Rutledge) Postponed from last meeting
      Postponed to next meeting

    7. New HTML Editor Postponed from last meeting
      Moved to long term plans meeting

    8. DNN 9.3.0, confirmation on dates, last meeting we discussed code freeze on October 19th, RC on October 22nd, target normal release on November 5th.
      No concerns unless the RC needs work then it get in thanksgiving dates and we would then push it further like first week of december.

    9. Dnn 9.3 plan
      Update dependencies, getting UI back for some old features, fixes, improvements

    10. Google Analytics Connector, Mike Smeltzer submitted PR, do we include it as is in 9.3 or do we need IP Anonymity first. Do we improve it to add Tag manager or this would be a separate connector?
      Pushed to next meeting

    11. Sebastian spoke to Geoff Barlow, he may be donating a cookie consent module to Dnn, that we may integrate in the core project. Continue discussion from last week.
      Pushed to next meeting

    12. Workflow API, do we move this to one of the long term plans meetings?
      Pushed to next meeting

  5. New business

    1. Do we start working on a 9.4 or 10.0?
      9.4 > Persona Bar improvements, no hidden features without a UI to manage them
      10.0 > Async, .Net framework x.x, Razor Pages

  6. Addendum / Open Forum

  7. Adjournment

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Comment Form

Only registered users may post comments.

NewsArchives


Aderson Oliveira (22)
Alec Whittington (11)
Alessandra Davies (3)
Alex Shirley (10)
Andrew Hoefling (3)
Andrew Nurse (30)
Andy Tryba (1)
Anthony Glenwright (5)
Antonio Chagoury (28)
Ash Prasad (37)
Ben Schmidt (1)
Benjamin Hermann (25)
Benoit Sarton (9)
Beth Firebaugh (12)
Bill Walker (36)
Bob Kruger (5)
Bogdan Litescu (1)
Brian Dukes (2)
Brice Snow (1)
Bruce Chapman (20)
Bryan Andrews (1)
cathal connolly (55)
Charles Nurse (163)
Chris Hammond (212)
Chris Paterra (55)
Clint Patterson (100)
Cuong Dang (21)
Daniel Bartholomew (2)
Daniel Mettler (165)
Daniel Valadas (21)
Dave Buckner (2)
David Poindexter (12)
David Rodriguez (3)
Dennis Shiao (1)
Doug Howell (11)
Erik van Ballegoij (30)
Ernst Peter Tamminga (79)
Francisco Perez Andres (12)
Geoff Barlow (12)
George Alatrash (12)
Gifford Watkins (3)
Gilles Le Pigocher (3)
Ian Robinson (7)
Israel Martinez (17)
Jan Blomquist (2)
Jan Jonas (3)
Jaspreet Bhatia (1)
Jenni Merrifield (6)
Joe Brinkman (274)
John Mitchell (1)
Jon Henning (14)
Jonathan Sheely (4)
Jordan Coopersmith (1)
Joseph Craig (2)
Kan Ma (1)
Keivan Beigi (3)
Kelly Ford (3)
Ken Grierson (10)
Kevin Schreiner (6)
Leigh Pointer (31)
Lorraine Young (60)
Malik Khan (1)
Matt Rutledge (1)
Matthias Schlomann (16)
Mauricio Márquez (5)
Michael Doxsey (7)
Michael Tobisch (3)
Michael Washington (202)
Miguel Gatmaytan (3)
Mike Horton (19)
Mitchel Sellers (35)
Nathan Rover (3)
Navin V Nagiah (14)
Néstor Sánchez (31)
Nik Kalyani (14)
Oliver Hine (1)
Peter Donker (54)
Philip Beadle (135)
Philipp Becker (4)
Richard Dumas (22)
Robert J Collins (5)
Roger Selwyn (8)
Ruben Lopez (1)
Ryan Martinez (1)
Sacha Trauwaen (1)
Salar Golestanian (4)
Sanjay Mehrotra (9)
Scott McCulloch (1)
Scott S (11)
Scott Wilkinson (3)
Scott Willhite (97)
Sebastian Leupold (80)
Shaun Walker (237)
Shawn Mehaffie (17)
Stefan Cullmann (12)
Stefan Kamphuis (12)
Steve Fabian (31)
Steven Fisher (1)
Timo Breumelhof (24)
Tony Henrich (3)
Torsten Weggen (3)
Tycho de Waard (3)
Vicenç Masanas (27)
Vincent Nguyen (3)
Vitaly Kozadayev (6)
Will Morgenweck (40)
Will Strohl (172)
William Severance (5)

Content Layout

Subscribe to DNN Digest

Subscribe to DNN Digest

DNN Digest is our monthly email newsletter. It highlights news and content from around the DNN ecosystem, such as new modules and themes, messages from leadership, blog posts and notable tweets. Keep your finger on the pulse of the ecosystem by subscribing.  

What is Liquid Content?
Find Out
What is Liquid Content?
Find Out
What is Liquid Content?
Find Out