You can now install the same app multiple times, which is great when you need the same functionality again but separate, or when you want to upgrade an app and want the new code running side-by side. And there's more...
Update: the pre-release was announced 2018-05-23, the final LTS was release 2018-06-20 with some more bug fixes.
Highlight: Multi-Install Same App
Often you will install an app (let's say the blog) and customize it. Then later you'll want to do that again - maybe to create a news-app which is almost the same. Now this can be done easily within 2sxc - it will detect that the app was already installed, ask you for a new name and do renaming / and GUID resets for you.
Highlight: 2sxc Insights
When debugging the internals of such a complex solution as 2sxc, it's hard to see what's going on internally on a production system. For this we created an insights system to look deep into the internal logs, the caches and more. We've detailed this in the blog post Using 2sxc Insights.
Highlight: LTS (Long Term Support)
This is an LTS release, meaning that we'll provide it long-term support (6 months) for bugfixes without additonal features. So we'll make sure this is a very stable release, and fixes will be fixes only without additional features (to ensure we don't introduce new risks).
- a new input field for json-type data (beta) #1524
- additional hardening of ADAM permissions for public use cases #1557
- additional hardening of API #1559
- .net core enhancements (we're beginning to cross-compile the various parts to get closer to .net core)
DNN 9.2 Compatibility Issues
DNN 9.2 has so many breaking changes, we're still discovering them as we're working.
- Fix breaking change in DNN 9.2 Client Depedency #1566
With the new features we introduced since 9.14 there were also quite a few bugs which appeared, including issues with search and draft/published data. These are fixed now, here's the list:
- Global content-types were not loaded if a non-web process accessed an app first #1568, #1561, #1564
- Bug with storing / caching draft-items #1570, #1571
- DNN thinks we're fixing an existing version, when we're actually upgrading #1555
- JS error on certain non-AJAX reloads #1556
- List of items for editing fails across zones even if user is host #1560
- Adding page-link in WYSIWYG throws server error in api #1562
More Bugfixes in RC1, 2 and 3
- Auto-install asked to install 2x #1460
- Auto installer puts adam-files in wrong folder #1579
- Entity picker has trouble with global types #1583
- Button to select app not available on just-added-items for admin-only users #1575
- Extensive logging for Evoq page publishing process #1584
- Evoq Content had trouble publishing pages #1573
- Json items had trouble publishing over existing published #1586
- Browser performance issues with many toolbars on the same page #1576 and #1329
- Issue with Evoq publishing workflow #1573 when trying to publish already published data
- Exporting apps resulted in bad ZIP because of SharpZipLib bug #1588
Get it now
Get the latest release from github releases or browse the code as you wish.
Love from Switzerland,