It's international Star-Wars day - and we're really excited to announce the stable release of 2sxc 7! It has been our core focus for the last three months and we've developed and improved so many features.
Raphael, Benjamin and I have worked almost 1'000 hours to make it happen, and we're really proud of the result. Of those about 1'000 hours we spent around 10% (100 hours) writing unit tests and testing the software ourselves - so we believe that it's stable and awesome - but since we improved so many things (and a few of them just during the last few days...) there is a certain risk as always.
In the next few posts I'll write a lot about what we improved and how you can leverage it to create awesome solutions with DNN. But just to give you a heads up, our changes have been around these topics:
- The User Experience and discovery of features previously hidden too well
- Developing complex apps without writing any code (or at worst, just 2-3 lines :)
- Creating awesome AngularJS solutions that don't have to know about DNNs specialties
- Using other data (SQL, Form and List, etc.) without having to write any code
- Data import/export to migrate from other solutions into DNN/2sxc
- Modern HTML5 stuff like SPAs (Single Page Applications) MAPs (Multiple Apps per Page), One-Page Design and offline-websites
...and much more.
To get started, just install 2sxc 7 through the forge (direct forge-link and codeplex-link)! Note that upgrading an existing solution may take a long time, because we changed some fundamental data-handling aspects.
We introduced some breaking changes which should actually not affect anybody, because they were in undocumented features. But just in case, we tried to document everything that could break - here.
So May the 4th be with you!
Daniel Mettler grew up in the jungles of Indonesia and is founder and CEO of 2sic internet solutions in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, an 20-head web specialist with over 600 DNN projects since 1999. He is also chief architect of 2sxc (2SexyContent - see forge), an open source module for creating attractive content and DNN Apps.
PS: Thanks to Jens Christian Manhke
for the picture