October 18 and 19 marks the dates of the next DNNCon (previously known as Day of DotNetNuke). This event will be held in West Palm Beach, Florida, which may be risky business, being that it is still inside the hurricane season. However, this year’s hurricanes have not been happening so far, so let’s hope that will also be true for October!
I am honored to have been selected to speak at the event, and I am really looking forward to connect with many old and new friends. I am really impressed with what has been communicated so far about this: from the very generous sponsor deals to the ocean fishing to the free limo service. This is going to be the event you will be sorry you missed!
I’ve been selected to present 2 sessions:
- Hello World! – this is a session about localization. As a developer your first steps in any language will have been to output the famous “Hello World” text. The thought struck me though that the true meaning of that text must be localization. Unless you are going to expect that the whole world understands you.
- Upgrade Like a Pro – this is a session about the single most thing that anyone in the DNN community dreads: upgrading a site. Often it is very painless, but there are (sadly: many) occasions where it takes a lot of effort to upgrade a site to the latest and the greatest.
It is for this session that I ask for your collaboration. I think this session needs to have some impact, and what better than to work with a real life use case. So, my question to you is very simple: do you have a site that you have trouble with upgrading, and would you be OK for me using that site as a demo site during the session.
I have a few selection criteria:
- you already must have tried yourself upgrading your site to DNN 7.1.x
- If third party modules are used on the site, you need to also provide install packages of DNN 7.1.x compatible versions of these modules
- The upgrade will be done to DNN 7.1.2.
- You must be OK for me to show everything in your site. If your site contains sensitive data, you should probably not volunteer
- The selection is not first come first serve. I will select the appropriate site
- It helps if you are attending DNNCon, as it ads color to the session if the site admin attends the session.
- It does not matter if your site is based on DNN Platform or Evoq Content.
In return, you will get free upgrade support from me, and your site will be upgraded successfully.
If you are interested to volunteer your site, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the following details about your site:
- Which version do you want to upgrade from?
- List of 3th party modules in use (vendors, module name, currently installed version)
- Short recount of the upgrade issues you ran into, if possible error logs etc.
Thank you for your cooperation! Looking forward to help you upgrade your site!