The Events module team is proud to announce the release of Events version
The Events team is proud to announce that Events 05.02.01 has
been released. Events 05.02.01 will work for any DNN version
5.5.0 and up. For this version, the following issues were covered:
- Added validation around category cookie
- RSS feed was missing an explicit close of the file when writing. Fixed.
- Added extra security into detail view
- .ICS Files did not include correct line folding. Fixed
- Change Event Owner DDL did not populate correctly on 5.2.0. Fixed
- RSS only worked when NOT logged in. Fixed
- Recurring event 'Until' date is shown as 01/01/0001. Fixed
- Repeater mode did not hide List icon on icon bar. Fixed
- Removed a
from Events that was not needed
- Naming a colour i.s.o. colour number in the category setting caused errors.
- .ICS files summary was not properly escaped/encoded. Fixed.
- Detail page URL generated incorrectly for page link in child portals. Fixed.
- All .css and .js files are compressed/minified in the PA Install pack, the
original uncompressed versions are in the Source pack
- Changed category lookup into CategoryId, because URLScan software might
block ajax calls during navigation
A detailed description of these issues involved can be found on
CodePlex. The downloads can be found on the
Events Project page on CodePlex.
What is next?
A new release (05.02.02) is already available as alpha version on CodePlex.
This version 05.02.02 solves a problem with the Scheduled search indexing
process that did not work. That is the only change for that version as of now,
so if you really need the DNN search of events on your site, give 05.02.02 a
try. And, please, provide some feedback about your experience with this version.
Roger Selwyn and I (the Events team) are working on the next release: Events
06.00.00. We will implement the new form UX/UI pattern of DNN6 as well as solve
the Time zone and Daylight Saving Time issues once and for all. A long
outstanding issue that we can finally solve, since DNN6 (or should I say the
.NET version related to this) has functionality build in to handle DST
correctly. Both changes will require DNN 6.1.x as minimum level, so start
upgrading to the latest version if you have not done so.
The Events team would like to thank everyone who contributed to this release.
It is nice to experience positive feedback on the work that we, DNN Events team volunteers,
are carrying out.