Updated 2013/03/01 - See later post for updates included in v6.1.1 beta
This version, 06.01.00, is a release that does not have many new features, but does have very important big new options:
anonymous enrollment & integration of the DNN social API/Journal, in addition to a
number of small enhancements and changes.
Anonymous enrollment - This is a long requested feature, but also one that had serious implications
on the working and database structure of the module. Up until this version, only registered users could enroll into an event
that has enrollment enabled. This new version breaks that link. Unregistered users can enroll into an Event and have to
specify some information (name, email address) in order to be able to enroll.
Integrated Social API - This version of Events can function as social event module
and integrates with the social groups features that came available in DNN 6.2. For this feature to work, the Event
module instance must on pages controlled by Social Group module. Journal entries are created, friends cans see
enrollments, new events are visible in the journal. This is a complete new implementation with our ideas how it should
or could work, we are open for suggestions and improvements
Release notes DNN Events 06.01.00
This release is not a production version yet, it is a beta version. Although we did test, we cannot guarantee that it
works flawlessly. We ask you all to give this beta version
a serious test and provide feedback tot the Events team. And be sure to make a backup for any environment before installing this release.
Better be safe than sorry! You can
download Events 06.01.00 beta from CodePlex. Events 06.01.00 will work for any DNN version 6.2.0 and up. Full details on the changes can be found
in great detail at http://dnnevents.codeplex.com/workite....
- Allow anonymous users to enroll
- Added support for social groups, so an Event module can function as a group calendar on a social group page
- Added journaling, so new events and enrollments activities are added to the journal
- Improved iCal for recurring events, implemented sequence property of a VEVENT object in line with the number of changes
of the event.
- Added tokens [ISENROLED] and [ISNOTENROLED] to enable inclusion of content based on whether the logged in user is
enrolled or not
- Added a short description to be used for list and tooltip.
- Added template tokens to display or not display text depending on the fact the user has or not a given role. [HASROLE_xxx]
would be the tag defining the text to display when the user is in role xxx, and [HASNOTROLE_xxx] when the user does not
belong to the role xxx.
- Added a setting to selectively enable enrolment emails
- Open a new browser window when clicking on the RSS Feed icon
- Print Icon changed to IconKey
- Improved template handling so Owner line can be suppressed completely
- Fixed a bug where multi-day events weren't appearing for as long as they should in list view
- Corrected the number of emails send for Enrolled Users
Big thanks to team member Roger Selwyn
Working with my fellow Events team member Roger Selwyn has been a pleasure since the first day that we started with
the Events module in 2007. Although I am listed as project coordinator, be assured that most of the development work is
done by Roger, with this release as a perfect example. If all my colleagues worked like Roger, my life would be much
simpler. Thanks Roger!