- Modern and flexible (fully customizable) UI
- Dynamic root folder
- Powerful tokens (including custom "query string" tokens, and all the standard DNN tokens)
- Customizable simple and pure HTML layouts (templates)
- Multiple files uploader, supporting very big files and optimized for cloud files providers
- Advanced search by file's content
- Native DNN tagging system (with search support)
- Native DNN folder permissions management
- Responsive and touch friendly built-in templates
- Native DNN meta-data support (Title, Description, Taxonomy)
- Special features for administrators (edit file's dates, and more)
- Configurable filters by file's extension, tags or a given DNN role's "start date"
- Make your files even more secure hosting them in your favorite could storage powered by GlobalStorage.
- Powerful URL Sharing capabilities
- Journal (user feed) integration
- 100% built upon DNN standard APIs. This means, no obscure proprietary API is needed to work with its data. Its API is the DNN Core (files and folders, metadata, tagging, notifications, folder providers, etc.).
- and more...
- Features compatibility with DNN virtual file system, easy to create templates, optional download tracking, and more.
- 100% compatible with the DNN virtual File System. This means, you can use any folder provider, such as DNN's built-in secure and database providers, or the ones provided by DNN GlobalStorage (Amazon S3, Windows Azure, DropBox, BOX, Google Drive, OneDrive, Office 365, [S]FTP, etc.), and also rely on the documents manager capabilities of the underlying provider.
- Very fast and efficient, even when handling large amounts of files.
- You can upload very large files (regarding the module, there is no limit). For example, it was tested uploading DVD image files (4 GB file size).
- Complete control over the way the files are presented to the user, via easy to create templates (basically, the templates are standard html files).
- To create or update a template, you don't need to know anything about Razor, Angular, Knockout, or whatever; just plain and simple HTML.
- Fully localizable, including an easy way to make the templates localizables (multilingual).
- Mobile friendly.
- Configuring some simple settings you can configure the module to provide users their own 'sand boxed' place for private files
- Wide range of 'tokens' that you can include in your templates and the (optionally) dynamic root path for the files being listed.
- DNN 6.2+ (even running under .NET 3.5) [version 2.0.4] , DNN 7+, DNN 8+ and DNN 9+ are fully supported.
- It supports a 'root folder pattern', who defines additional items (static and dynamic) that will be added 'at runtime' to the root folder that was defined. It supports tokens, such as [User:...], [Profile:...], [Module:...], [Tab:...], etc.
- Three modes of operation are supported: "Normal": (a root folder (+pattern) is defined as the starting point; "Group": allows defining a common repository of files attached to a social group; and "User": provided for compatibility with DNN's Digital Assets module.
- Optional support for 'querystring' parameters.
- Option to provide a 'flat' view of all files included in the configured root folder and its subfolders.
- Built-in support for DNN Taxonomy, enabling file's tagging and filtering.
- Built-in support for DNN MetaData, such as adding Titles and Descriptions (free HTML text) to files.
- Built-in support for basic files and folders management: add, delete, rename, etc. Users with proper permissions can also edit folder's permissions for DNN roles and users
- PDF files direct previewing
- Comments (powered by Disqus) can be enabled for files and folders
- Option to post in the user's feed (journal) new file uploads.
- Option to notify administrators when a file was uploaded.
- Bulk download a folder as a ZIP file
- Any folder provider is fully supported (even other providers, besides DNN GlobalStorage).
- When utilized with DNN Global Storage (v 2.3 or later), it can provide enhanced functionality, like an optimized upload experience for Amazon S3 and Windows Azure
- Option to hide files from users, based on which date a role was granted to them. It also provides an easy way for Host and Admin users to update the 'start date' of a file.
- Optional 'URL Sharing' feature. Create your own 'share links' for everyone, with optional expiration date, password, and max downloads limits. You can find more information about this feature in the documentation and demo videos.
- Optional downloads tracking.
- Optional Filter by a list of allowed file extensions.
- Optional Filter by a list of allowed file tags.
- Powerful optional content-based search engine. This means, it can search for text inside office documents, pdf or txt files, etc.
When combined with a DNN Folder Provider (such as DNN GlobalStorage, it enables you to have your files secured in your favorite could storage provider