This is a special out-of-band episode. We do these from time to time, to help you know more about any hot topics or high profile areas of DNN.
Understanding the DNN Platform Source Code
If you were involved with DNN in the beginning, you probably still call it DotNetNuke. You also probably a developer. As a developer, you probably were very familiar with the source code. If you haven't looked at it recently, then you will not likely recognize it.
DNN has grown a lot over the years, and this has impacted the source code that many of us have staked our businesses and livelihoods on. This might even be intimidating to you, making you shy away from contributing your own code.
Whether you've been around for a while, or you're new to DNN development, this session is specifically built for you...
In this episode, we'll walk through the entire source solution of DNN. Here are some of the things you'll learn more about:
- How is the solution put together, and why is it done that way?
- What are the various projects in the solution?
- How do the build scripts work?
- How do you build and package the various bits and the entire solution?
- What are some of the gotchas, do's, and don't's when working with the source?
This is a must-watch episode! Attend it live so that you can ask questions!
Join the Hangout