In DotNetNuke 6.0 the HTML editor manager was added which simplifies the process of changing the User Interface Localization
and spell checking locales.
To change the locale of the editor:
- install full language pack for the editor or translate the .RESX files manually (Note: file extensions that should be in the format en-us.resx)
- go to the Host > HTML Editor Manager
- click Default Configuration and load the settings.
- Scroll down the page, and then click copy
- For role select Everyone and click the link to Portal
- click Create
- In the Common Settings, fill in the localed (e.g. de-de) in the language textbox
- fill in the CSS file path that is used (/Skins/SkinName/Skin.css)
- In the Developer Settings, enter de-de as the language for spell-checking
- click Update
- now go to the folder: DesktopModules/Admin/ToolsFile/RadEditorProvider/ and open the file for the portal (e.g. ToolsFile.PortalId.0 xml)
- comment out and select the lines that you no longer want to use
- Save and close the file
- Add the file for German spell-checking (de-de.tdf) in DesktopModules/Admin/RadSpell/RadEditorProvider/
Note: The latest version of the dictionaries are always available with the download of the Telerik controls. Simply navigate to %Telerik installation directory%\%RadControls directory%\App_Data\RadSpell to retrieve them.