The IClientCapability interface was introduced in DotNetNuke 6.1
and is used to expose the Device Capabilities of the device being used to access content. The device detection is based on User Agent sent by browser.
IClientCapability provides capabilities supported by the http requester (e.g. Mobile Device, TV, Desktop). IClientCapability has the following properties:
- IsMobile – Is this a Mobile Device.
- IsTablet – Is this a Table Device
- IsTouchScreen – Does client have Touch capabilities
- SupportsFlash – Does client support Flash
- FacebookRequest – Is the client coming through FaceBook fan page. If yes, you can obtain FaceBook related information, such as FaceBook Userid
- ScreenResolutionWidthInPixels – Screen Width
- ScreenResolutionHeightInPixels – Screen Height
- UserAgent – Client’s user agent.
- Capabilities - A key-value collection containing all capabilities supported by client
Examples of projects using the API