It's not very often I get stumped on DNN, but I've run into a very curious issue with a website I've migrated to my local machine. This is a fresh backup too, taken directly from a working production website moments before I tried to restore it locally. No matter what I've tried so far, it keeps redirecting to the installation wizard. I've literally migrated thousands of DNN websites, so this is really interesting to me.
This is normally a database issue, but so far, I don't see anything to confirm this for me this time.
Just to get it out of the way, I've already:
- Created and verified that the database exists and that the expected data is in the database.
- Created and verified that the DB user can log in and view tables, as well as execute stored procedures, using SSMS and LINQPad.
- Added the new portal alias to the HOST file, IIS website, and the PortalAlias table.
- Ensured that the connection string is pointing at the correct database instance and table.
- Verified that the correct permissions are applied to the website folder.
- Turned on custom errors and switched to debug compilation mode.
I don't see anything useful in the Log4Net event log either. The following are the errors that are logged when I view the website, in order.
- DotNetNuke.Web.Common.Internal.DotNetNukeHttpApplication - System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/Install/InstallWizard.aspx' does not exist.
- DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.GetPackages'.
- DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.GetHostSettings'.
- DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.Exception: Failed to execute initialization task DnnSharp.Common.InitCommonDlls.Tasks.FixResourceManifests ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
- DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.Exception: Failed to execute initialization task DnnSharp.Common.InitCommonDlls.Tasks.SetupPersistentCacheScheduler ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.GetSchedule'.
Every time I attempt to view the website, I'm instantly redirected to the InstallWizard.aspx page, but it doesn't exist of course, since this is an existing website and I'm not attempting to upgrade it.