I have a few questions regarding the "Retains Extension Packages" in DNN9. (https://dnntracker.atlassian.net/browse/DNN-9461)
1) Is this so that I can potentially export my DNN site and import it into Evoq?
2) What other purpose do they serve after the module has been installed.
3) I notice a market increase in the diskspace used by my DNN sites from DNN8 through to DNN9.1.1
The footprint of my site went from under a 100mb in DNN8x to +- 130mb in DNN9 to 250mb in DNN9.1.1. (This is the zipped backup files.)
Currently the /ExtensionsPackages folder on most of my sites are around 130mb.
On one site that is not such a big deal, but on 20 + sites with daily backups it starts making a difference in disk space used.
After a recent module upgrade I started to investigate and found that the extension packages were retained as .resources files.
I specifically noticed that files of previous versions of a module was also kept. In this case the folder has the following module .resource files:
Module_Revindex.Dnn.RevindexStorefront_12.2.0.resources - 18357kb
Module_Revindex.Dnn.RevindexStorefront_12.3.0.resources - 18390kb
4) Can I manually delete the old versions safely?
5) Should the old versions not be deleted automatically on upgrade?