I disabled the job, not the scheduler. However, I found a couple of things out:
1.) There were other scheduled jobs that were poorly named that were invoking this MessageEngineModule. I removed those.
2.) The code was not invoking the Completed() method. I changed it to invoke this method.
Unfortunately, now I'm experiencing the job running, showing as [X] Completed in the log, but with this:
S: 9/23/2015 10:15:21 AM
E: 9/23/2015 10:15:22 AM
N: 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM
Now the job is running every minute with the 1/1/1753 date. Curious! :)
And Leopold, thanks for your dedication to the DNN forums. Apologies for my non-expertise in the platform, I keep inheriting these sites, but haven't really done one from the ground up. Always playing the bug fix game.