I run a website for a club sports facility. We would like to use the "Member Directory" to track coaches, staff members, etc rather than our membership. Membership is actually handled by a different SaaS provider.
Until now, we've hand built HTML modules for each of our coach/staff positions and posted various pages. I'd rather be able to use the fields in the member directory to manage the content and then display it.
The "Vanity URL" seems like a good way to show the whole profile, but I don't want to have to log into each individual account. I've actually disabled registration and we plan to build an account for each coach individually so we have a little more control over the layout, content, photo, etc.
This really boils down to 2 questions:
- Is it possible to automate the construction of a vanity URL and portal? I've tried tweaking the setting in the UserPortals table but it didn't seem to work so I'm presuming there are other settings involved as well.
- Is there a way to apply different templates to the views, such as "Thumbnail", "Business Card", and "Profile" where they might have different content?
- Thumbnail = "40X60px photo, Display name, email address"
- Business card = "80X120px photo, Display name, team coaching, email, phone"
- Profile = "200X300px photo, display name ,team coaching, email, phone, biography"
I've played with the member directory module a little, but think that might be overkill without having parameterized queries. Is there a way to build a URL and pass in the query?
Appreciate the guidance.