I am quite new to DNN and I recently inherit a project where I need to support a customer that has recently moved their DDN to a new location. New IIS & SQL server.
As far as I know, the replication process described below.
1. Backup DB from old SQL Server
2. Restore DB to new SQL Server
3. Copy DNN folder to new IIS Server
4. Create new Web Application
5. Everything work, the reason is because DNN is stilll communication with the old SQL Database, nothing changes. Users are able to login.
6. Updated the connection string to the new SQL Server.
7. Site still work but now unable to log in.
I read other post regarding the changed in the machine key. I made sure it's the same machine key in the file and on the new IIS Sever.
Other mentioned I need to update the PortAlias. I noticed the PortAlias table is being added with the new URl (part of it) as I am navigation different areas on the DNN portal. The only thing that I cannot do is log in.
Any help is much appreciated.