San Mateo, Calif. – January 13, 2011 – DotNetNuke Corp., the company behind the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for Microsoft .NET, today announced that it is working in close collaboration with Microsoft Corp on a number of initiatives designed to increase adoption of DotNetNuke on the Microsoft Windows Server platform.
- DotNetNuke Corp. is working closely with the Microsoft Web Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) group and will have a joint presence at industry events including Le Web 2010, SXSW 2011, and the 2011 CMS Expo.
- Microsoft has funded development of a RAZOR module for the DotNetNuke platform which will enable programmers with familiarity with the easy-to-use RAZOR syntax to program within the Microsoft WebMatrix web development toolset.
- DotNetNuke Corp. is among a select handful of Microsoft partners chosen to be a member of its Technology Adoption Program (TAP) for Windows Azure. The TAP helps drive adoption of Windows Azure compute, storage and management capabilities with key customers and partners. In addition, the TAP generates business value evidence, and validates features and functionality in subsequent, ongoing releases of the Azure platform. By participating in the TAP, DotNetNuke Corp. can conduct compatibility testing of the DotNetNuke platform and perform targeted development of any DotNetNuke platform changes necessary to fully leverage Azure. Microsoft has partially funded a compatibility evaluation of the DotNetNuke platform on Windows Azure.
- DotNetNuke Corp. has provided detailed training materials for use in the Microsoft Web Camps program, a global program that provides training on the Microsoft Web Platform. The DotNetNuke materials allow Microsoft-sponsored trainers around the world to present full-day training sessions to familiarize Web Camp attendees with the DotNetNuke platform and teach them how to leverage the full power of the most widely adopted Web CMS for Microsoft .NET.
- Microsoft WebsiteSpark was the Platinum Sponsor of the DotNetNuke Connections 2010 Networking Night in Las Vegas. In addition to a monetary sponsorship of the event, WebsiteSpark also provided five Microsoft Xbox gaming systems as prizes for raffles held in conjunction with the conference.
- Organizations use DotNetNuke to quickly develop and deploy interactive and dynamic web sites, intranets, extranets and web applications. The DotNetNuke platform is available in a free Community and subscription-based Professional and Enterprise Editions. DotNetNuke Corp. also operates Snowcovered.com, where users purchase third party software module and skin apps for the DotNetNuke platform.
- DotNetNuke is the fastest growing open source web CMS ever with nearly 1,000 subscription customers, 33,000 Snowcovered marketplace customers, and 400 percent year-over-year growth. Connect with us online: Twitter.com/dnncorp (company) or Twitter.com/dnnsc (Snowcovered marketplace); DotNetNuke blogs; and the DotNetNuke Community LinkedIn Group.
Navin Nagiah, CEO of DotNetNuke Corp.
“We currently work with Microsoft at various levels to accelerate the worldwide adoption of DotNetNuke, our flagship open source product. Our collaboration ranges from improving the usability of DotNetNuke with WebMatrix and Razor, to increasing product accessibility through the WebCamps Programs, to increasing market awareness through joint participation at a variety of industry events. We are uniquely positioned to bring the best of open source and .NET to CMS users around the globe. We look forward to continuing to expand and strengthen our relationship with Microsoft in 2011.”
Gavin Warrener, Senior Program Manager, Web Developer & Platform Evangelism, Microsoft
“Microsoft is committed to helping customers thrive in a mixed-source world - this involves working to make Windows the platform of choice for customers and developers by enabling open source applications to run better on and with our products. As the largest open source project in the Microsoft web ecosystem, we are pleased to work closely with DotNetNuke on a number of strategic initiatives designed to educate end users and make it easier for customers to adopt DotNetNuke on the Windows Server Platform.”
About DotNetNuke Corp.
DotNetNuke Corp. is the steward of the DotNetNuke open source project, the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for building web sites and web applications on Microsoft .NET. Organizations use DotNetNuke to quickly develop and deploy interactive and dynamic web sites, intranets, extranets and web applications. The DotNetNuke platform is available in a free Community and subscription-based Professional and Enterprise Editions with an Elite Support option. DotNetNuke Corp. also operates Snowcovered.com where users purchase third party software apps for the platform. Founded in 2006 and funded by Sierra Ventures, August Capital and Pelion Venture Partners, DotNetNuke Corp. is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif.
DotNetNuke(R) and DNN(R) are registered trademarks of DNN Corp. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
DotNetNuke Corp. Marketing