How to configure the Membership Management settings used to optionally check the Login and control passwords.
- Navigate to > Settings.
- Select the Advanced Settings tab and expand the Membership Management section.
- In the Reset Link Timeout (Minutes) text box, modify the length of time that can elapse before password reset links that have been sent to users become invalid. The default is 60 minutes.
- In the Reset Link Timeout (Minutes) text box, modify the length of time that can elapse before password reset links that have been sent to Administrators become invalid. The default is 1440 minutes.
- At Enable Password History, mark the check box to maintain a list of recently used passwords and prevent users from re-using their old passwords.
- If password history is enabled, enter the Number of passwords to store in the text box. The default is 5.
- At Enable password banned list, mark the check box to ensure user passwords do not include common passwords that have been banned on this site. See "Managing Banned Words"
- At Enable password strength check, mark the check box to display the password strength meter on the registration form.
- At Enable checking, mark the check box to setup Login IP Filters. See "About Login Filters"
In the Password Expiry (in days) text box, enter the number of days until a user's password expires. Users will be prompted to change their password the next time they login. Enter 0 if the password never expires. Note: This field is only enforced if the user is using the regular DNN method. (I.e. They enter their User Name and Password when logging in). If the user logs in using alternate authentication methods such as Facebook, Live, Yahoo or Google, this setting will be ignored.
- In the Password Expiry Reminder (in days) text box, enter the number of days warning given to a user notifying them that their password is about to expire and they are required to change it.
- Click the Update button.
Open topic with navigation