Configuring Advanced Page Settings
How to set the advanced settings for new and existing pages. Note: All advanced page settings are optional.
- Users who are updating the settings for an existing page should navigate to page and then select Settings from the Edit menu on the . Users who are currently adding a new page are already on this page.
- Select the Advanced Settings tab.
- Go to the Appearance section.
- At Icon/Link Type, select the image to be displayed beside the page name in the menu if the menu in use shows icons. This image is also used as the Small Icon for any Console module relating to this page. Select the location of the required icon from these options:
- File (A File On Your ), select an existing image (See "Setting a File Link") or upload a new image (See "Uploading and Linking to a File"). Note: Users can remove the icon from this and the following field by selecting < None Specified > as the File Name when setting a file link.
- System Image: Select to display an icon that is supplied with this application and then select the image from the drop down list.
- At Large Icon, using the same steps as for the above field, select an image to be used as the large icon for any Console that displays this page.
- At , select a skin from the drop down list or select < None Specified > to use the default skin for this site. See "Setting the Site Design". Tip: SuperUsers can view the full file path to the selected skin (or container for the next field) by hovering their mouse over the name of the selected skin or container. This can also be achieved on the Settings, Settings and Settings pages.
- At , select a container from the drop down list. Note: The default option of < None Specified > uses the skin is set as the default for this site.
- In the Stylesheet text box, enter the name of the stylesheet to be used for this page only and then click the Preview and button to view the combination of the styles selected at the above three fields. Note: Stylesheets must be uploaded to ( > File Management).
- Existing pages may display the Copy Design to Descendants field that copies the design options saved on this page to all child pages. See "Copying Design to Child Pages"
- At Disabled, select from these options:
- Mark the check box if the page name is not a link. This mean nothing will happen when a user clicks on the page name in the menu. This option is typically selected for a parent page to provide a way for users to navigate to its child pages.
- Unmark the check box for this page name to be a link to the page. This is the default option.
- In the Refresh Internal (seconds) text box, enter the interval to wait between automatic page refreshes. (E.g. enter "60" for 1 minute or 60 seconds.) Leave field blank to disable.
- In the Header Tags text box, enter any tags (i.e. meta-tags) that should be rendered in the "HEAD" tag of the for this page.
- Expand the Cache Settings section and choose the Output Cache Provider to use for this page from these options:
- FileOutputCachingProvider: Choose this option to save cached items to a file system. This option is suitable for a shared hosting environment.
- DatabaseOutputCachingProvider: Choose this option to save cached items to the database.
- MemoryOutputCachingProvider: This is the fastest caching method. Select this option if the web site has a large amount of RAM allocated. This is typically not suitable for a shared hosting environment.
- Expand the Other Settings section.
- At Secure? mark the check box to force this page to use a secure connection or secure socket layer (SSL). This option requires a to configure the SSL Settings. See "Setting SSL Settings for a Site"
- At Allow Indexing, mark the check box if the page should be indexed by search crawlers using the INDEX/NOINDEX values for ROBOTS meta tag - OR - unmark the check box to disable.
- At Map Priority, enter the desired priority (between 0 and 1.0). This helps determine how this page is ranked in Google with respect to other pages on the site. The default setting is 0.5.
- At Start Date, click the Calendar button to select the first date the page is viewable and then click the Time button to adjust the default time of 12:00 AM if required. If the start date is in the future then it is only editable by Administrators.
- At End Date, select the time and date when the page will expire. Note: Expired pages can be viewed by Administrators via the > Pages page. Note: Expired pages can be viewed by Administrators via the > Pages page. See "Viewing any Page (Pages Management)"
- At Link URL, to set this page to be a navigation link to another resource (rather than displaying the page itself), select or add the link here. See "About the Link Control"
- Optional. At Permanently Redirect?, mark the check box to redirect this URL to the Link URL as set in the previous field. This allows Search Engines to modify their URLs to directly link to the Link URL. Note: This setting is ignored if the Link Type is set to None.
- Click the Add button for new pages or the Update button for existing pages.
Open topic with navigation