As a SuperUser, I often do a review Administrator's changes throughout a website. A few things I review:
- Module content updates (deleted, moved, changed)
- Module settings changes
- Page settings (deleted, moved, changed)
- Site Settings
- Users created
It would be useful if there was a
dashboard that I could review all the recent changes to a website. For example, if the site Administrator account was "Admin1", it would show a summary of the changes the administrator made:
Admin1 made the following changes on May 8th, 2014:
- Modules updated:
- Home > What's New
- About Us > Our History
- Services > On-site Services
- Site Settings > Copyright info changed
- Pages updated:
- Contact Us renamed Contact
- Testimonials deleted
- New user created > James Waite
This idea doesn't have to be limited to the relationship between a SuperUser and an Administrator. For example, an Administrator could have this dashboard to see what changes Content Editors have been making on the website.
For SuperUsers, there could even be a summary of changes made by SuperUsers:
Host made the following changes on March 25th, 2014:
- Host Settings > CDN settings changed.
- Host Settings > Minification turned off
- HTML Editor > Settings changed.