I'm not sure if this is the right place for this quesiton, but I'm sort of surprised there isn't a subforum for webservice based modules. So here goes. Please move to an appropriate forum mods, if I missed something...
i have been using DNN for a long time, but not since 5.x days. I cannot find any info that is relevant to web services and DNN that is recent. All of the content I find from google/bing, when it IS dated is no newer than 2008. Is that still relevant? If I want to create an authenticated web service,
1. is there any place to go to see an example of this for DNN 7?
2. Do I still need to add a virtual directory in iis 7.5?
3. Do I still need to create a web.config file in the virtual directory to erase handlers?
4. If any of the above is still relevant, do I need to copy files from the bin folder? If so, which ones? Just my dll?
5. Is there a template for building restful webservices in dnn7? Do I need one, or is all the above no longer apply?
Thanks for any answers.