- -writing this post seeking for advice, before further development - -
We are developing our portal with self-develop modules to cover extra functionality within dnn. And planning to extend to use the same portal under several domains. Lets take as example that our portal will be SquareBallsFootballLeague.com, in which we track these famous sport, we give statistics for the teams, for their players, we allow player to register and apply for a team, or keep score tracking and vote for their favourite team, etc...
That wise, under SquareBallsFootballLeague.com, we have pages as
- SquareBallsFootballLeague.com/teams, all teams of the league
- SquareBallsFootballLeague.com/teams/SquareMagicBulls, team page
- SquareBallsFootballLeague.com/Statistics, all league statistics
Well, now comes the multiportal part. We want to create specific team pages under their own domain, like SquareMagicBulls.com
These team portals should allow:
- Generate the portal with similar, but not exact the same data and format than SquareBallsFootballLeague.com/teams/SquareMagicBulls
(we will be developing own module for that) but will need to be able to apply different skin to the team portal
MUST: Share users, and users logins with SquareBallsFootballLeague.com, preferable single-sign-on should be posible
Allow pages to be share between "league portal" and "team portal" (that can be done at module level)
SquareBallsFootballLeague.com/Statistics and SquareMagicBulls.com/Statistics should be same page, even we pre-filter in our module to the specifics of the team. (and so the 404, 500, sign_in)
So, in this scenario, how should we develop our "chain of portals" ?
As different Alias on same portal, as separate parent Portals, or as Child portals, or maybe another solution you can suggest ?