I am facing an issue with playing MP4 video file on Mac SAFARI.
using DNN Version: 07.04.01
- I have Secured Directory in Portal/0/. Secured Directory name is: "DNNVideos".
- Folder permissions are set for "Registered Users" only. not for "All Users". This means only authorized user can access the Video.
- I have one demo.mp4 file into the DNNVideos directory. After the Directory Sync, the physical file became "demo.mp4.resources"
- I have a module where I have a Anchor Link which opens the Video file upon clicking on it.
- Anchor source has been set using following code:
string fileSource = "Portals/" + PortalId + "/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=" + fi.FileId.ToString() + "&portalid=" + PortalId + "×tamp=" + DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyyMMddHHmmssfff");
- On the site, log in using Valid User and go to the page where video link is provided.
- Clicking on the Link will open the video in the Browser itself. This is what is required to play video in Browser.
- This functionality works verywell with the Chrome, IE, FireFox.
- But it fails with the Mac Safari Browser.
- The link generated is: http://dnndev.me/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=qKjU_dmQass%3d&portalid=0×tamp=1453212257638
- One wierd thing i noticed that if i change the Permission (from DNN File Management) of the secured folder to Read+Write for "All Usres" then it works fine with Mac Safari as well.
- But this cannot be the solution since I need to protect the file from anonymous users.