I have an odd situation in which a portal is "losing" required profile properties. Here is what's happening.
- The portal is set to use the email address as the username.
- In Site Settings, User Profile Properties, I have specified a Custom Registration page and have included several Profile Properties that I want to collect. This includes
- Some custom Profile Properties
- Some default Profile Properties
- I require a valid Profile to register.
- I mark the required Profile Properties as Required and as Visible
On updating the site settings, I can logout and register. The custom registration page is as I expect.
Now the odd behavior: If I go back to Site Settings and look at the Profile Properties, the properties that I marked as Required and Visible are not checked. If I update Site Settings, my custom registration page is defaulted to the the default registration page.
The Site Settings page still shows the Custom Registration Page radio button selected, but no profile properties show. I think that it's all optional profile properties that disappear, and only the email, first name, last name, email and password appear on the registration page.
If I reselect the additional Profile Properties that I want to use, and update Site Settings, then all is well until I visit and update Site Settings again.
Is this known? Is there a way to fix it? (I haven't checked the database table, but will as soon as I can set up a test site so as not to disturb the production site.)