This is a new module, the OLD DNN Chat module (that hasn't worked in years) is different, no longer supported, and frankly, has been broken for a long time.
This module utilizes SignalR and requires DNN 8+, and a Bootstrap Enabled Skin.
Recent Release Name:
Recent Release Date:
This is the first release of V3 of DNNCHAT. Please help us test this release out. In order to test it you need to meet the following requirements.
* DNN 8+
* BootStrap 3.3+ skin http://cjh.am/hammerflex
# Features from last Public/Major Release
* Updated for DNN 8 references
* Removed NewtonSoft.Json custom references
* Updated layout for more bootstrap/responsive properties.
* Removed cleanup file due to DNN8 errors, cleanup should manually be done
* Windows Azure Compatibility
* Updated MSBuild Community Tasks to 188.8.131.52
* Updated to SignalR 2.2.0
* Bootstrap V3.3.6 Enabled (<strong>requires a bootstrap skin!</strong>).
* Added @all notification check/display
* Updated the "Test" response to be something a little more friendly
* Added the ability to use the Edit control to manage "Rooms" in the module.
* Added user Avatars to the Message object, storing UserID for each message now as well.
Let us know how your testing goes by posting over in http://www.dnnchat.com/