Create a Vocabulary
Note: You cannot change a vocabulary's type or scope after it is created.
- An administrator account for the site. Administrators have full permissions to the specific site.
Go to .
Click/Tap Create New Vocabulary.
Fill in the properties of the vocabulary.
Field Description Type
- Simple for folksonomy, where anyone can add a term to a flat list.
- Hierarchy for taxonomy, where terms are typically added by the host/superuser to a hierarchy.
- Website. The vocabulary applies to a specific site and is listed under the Website tab, as well as the All tab. (Also indicated as Scope: Portal.)
- Application. The vocabulary applies to all sites within the DNN installation and is listed under the Application tab, as well as the All tab.
- Click/Tap Create.