Three months after the acquisition of DNNCorp the new DNN CEO, Andy Tryba posted a blog where he denoted the creation of 4 Ecosystem Advisory Groups. The Ecosystem Advisory Groups were created to drive the DNN Ecosystem forward. One of those groups was the Partner, Ecosystem Advisory Group and it was to be led by David Poindexter with the purpose of creating an updated partner program. Several months later after planning based on feedback from the Ecosystem Advisory Group we are launching a new partner program.
Updates to the Program - An Overview
Our main goals were to make the program simple, transparent, and in collaboration with the ecosystem. We wanted to be more inclusive and diverse with our partners types and we want to recognize quality work within the DNN Ecosystem. We also want to iterate on the program. That is, if we missed the ball on something… we want to update it and make it right.
With those principles as our guiding light we made some significant updates to the program. Some of the high level changes are:
- No Fees: Historically DNN Corp charged a fee to be a partner. One of the main criticisms of the program was that a partner shouldn’t have to pay a fee to be a partner. In the new and updated program the fees have been removed.
- New Partner Types: In recent years we’ve only had implementation partner types, but in the new partner program we are opening it up to new types of partners including Hosting, ISV, and Training.
- Balanced Margin: Another complaint was the heavy weighting of the percentage margin for new business. We have now updated the margins so that renewals and new business carry the same margin for partners.
- Updated Criteria: Along with diversifying the types of partners we have, we simplified and updated the criteria necessary to be in the partner program. This criteria is communicated in the video below and also will be updated soon on the website.
- Updated Partner Directory: To better showcase our partners and their work we are updating the Partner Directory. This should help everyone in the ecosystem and better represent the quality of work DNN Partners constantly deliver.
Watch the Partner Program Launch Webinar replay below…
The Shift is Real
DNN Corp CEO Andy Tryba stated that the community is driving DNN and the updates we rolled out in this program are another example of this being true... and people are noticing.
One comment I received from an ecosystem member after the webinar was “You can feel the difference”. That comment is right on target and that difference is one that many are recognizing. We are returning to our open source roots and community members can see it, feel it, and several are responding to it. Some are stepping up in leading in various areas of the ecosystem and others are getting involved and contributing where they can. It is great to see!
Since we are at the launch of the new partner program it only feels right to thank the Partner Ecosystem Advisory Group for their time, efforts, and energy donated to the community in shaping this program. Thanks also to David Poindexter for leading the Partner EAG group.
As this program was shaped in collaboration with the ecosystem via the Partner Ecosystem Advisory Group, we hope that these updates make a partner program that we all can be proud of.
In the coming days/weeks we’ll be updating the Partner Pages accordingly with the info for the new partner program as well as updating the Partner Directory. We are now in the process of migrating the current partners information over. Once we get the current partners in place we’ll start the onboarding process for any new partners.
If you want to be a DNN Partner → Sign up here