What's it for?
Basically Grunt is a tool to automatically run scripts for you. These scripts do things like
- TypeScript or CoffeeScript compiling
- LESS or SASS CSS compilation
How does it do that?
- What plugins to load (because each action is an own plugin)
- What file-sets exist to be processed - like the list of "my css-files"
- Run each plugin against these files
This may sound complicated but you'll be amazed at how easy and fast this is. We've been using it on 2sxc for about half a year now and we love it!
Getting Started with Grunt
I'll write some tutorials as soon as we've added Grunt-support to 2sxc Apps. This should be released this week. If you can't wait, just try some online tutorials out there :).
With love from Switzerland,
Daniel Mettler grew up in the jungles of Indonesia and is founder and CEO of 2sic internet solutions in
Switzerland and Liechtenstein, an 20-head web specialist with over 700
DNN projects since 1999. He is also chief architect of 2sxc (see forge), an open source module for creating attractive content and DNN Apps.