I’m pleased to announce that DotNetNuke 6.2.1 and 5.6.8 are officially released. These maintenance releases contain several updates which further emphasizes our commitment to security, performance and overall quality of DotNetNuke. We will continue to release maintenance updates as needed while we continue to see more users make the transition from older versions of DotNetNuke.
As a reminder, we are in the process of doing some housekeeping in our bug tracking system. I encourage you to take a few minutes to read the message on the main page of support.dotnetnuke.com. Moving forward, the Quality Assurance and Product Management teams will be more proactive in responding to submitted issues. If an issue you submitted was closed and you feel it is still valid for DotNetNuke 6.x please don’t hesitate to reopen the issue with additional comments. Please be sure to use Community Voice for new feature requests and enhancements. If you have specific questions we ask that you share your question in the Community Exchange.
Below is a summary of the major changes for this release. For more information about a specific issue please refer to the official change log.
- Fixed issue in the return URL after a user is shown the login screen when accessing an unauthorized resource
- Fixed issue that stopped super users from being shown in the auto-suggest user lookup function in the member directory module
- Fixed issue when sending bulk emails and localization is enabled
- Added localization keys to the filter settings in member directory
- Added localization keys to the user profile menu
- Fixed issue that cause the newsletter module to not function properly in child sites
- Fixed issue in the member directory advanced search option where settings were not used correctly
- Fixed UI issue in the user profile when using IE 7
- Fixed language packs installation issue when the product is installed using the auto option
- Fixed issue where the language, if different from English, is not set as the default language after installation
- Fixed backward compatibility issue when using language packs for previous versions of the product
- Fixed issue in the profile when single quotes are used
- Fixed issue when creating pages with a pound "#" in the name
- Fixed issue that stops the install wizard when a language pack has errors
- Fixed UI issue when uploading a logo
- Fixed issue that stopped forge modules from being deployed through the extensions catalog
- Fixed issue in when page names contain dots
- Improved performance when accessing user permissions
- Fixed issue that stopped super users from uploading icon files
- Fixed issue when creating the path for the icon in custom desktop modules
- Fixed issue in the HTML editor that was causing links to not work when tracking clicks
- Fixed issue in Social Groups where users were not shown as group members when upgrading from previous releases
- Fixed styling issue in the Journal when importing links information
- Fixed object reference error when calling SaveMessage in MessagingController.cs
- Fixed knockout exception in the MyProfile template
- Fixed issue when upgrading from 4.9.5 to the latest version
- Fixed issue that stopped additional profile properties to be displayed in the member directory after modifying the template
- Fixed issue that caused the password fields to be cleared after selecting the country during registration
- Fixed issue in the file manager that stopped users from creating folder mappings
- Fixed the can not create type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal.ProfilePic' error when using DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal.dll
- Improved the performance of the login control
- Fixed issue in the DDR Menu that was causing rendering issues when visiting the site using a mobile device
- Updated the Dark Knight skin to use HTML5 as the doctype and dded HTML5 doctype as an option under fallback skin doctype
- Fixed issue that caused the database to fail to distinguish between "deny" and "allow" folders and could potentially reveal the names of folders the user did not have access to.
- Fixed issue that made possible to use a specially crafted URL to directly load a module, and due to a flaw in the logic, at that time the module permissions were not correctly loaded, but instead the page permissions were applied.
- Improved data sanitation in the lists module that could lead to a reflective cross-site scripting (XSS) issue.
- The Journal module allows a user to post a link to an image they have previously uploaded.
- Newsletter Module
- File Manager Module
- Pages Module
- HTML Module
- Journal Module
- Member Directory
- Social Groups
- Device Preview Management Module
- Google Authentication Provider
- Facebook Authentication Provider
Download DotNetNuke 6.2.1