In December of last year we released version 5 of de FAQ module. In the
blog post about this version, I announced that we would migrate the version
to DNN 6.x and implement the new form UX/UI pattern of DNN6. That time has come.
We, the FAQ team (Torsten
Weggen and myself ) have done so! We have created a new release of the FAQ module
(version 05.00.01) that has some nice enhancements, which include full SQL
Azure compatibility, next to the DNN 6 form pattern.
Release notes DNN FAQs 05.00.01
FAQs 05.00.01 will work for any DNN version 6.1.0 and up and can be downloaded
Full details on the changes can be found in great detail in the
issue list on CodePlex.
- Complete overhaul of editing categories. Now editing with tree view: drag-and-drop
nodes to reorder categories, click to edit selected category
- New setting for showing all categories, even if they have no corresponding
- Modified the SQL provider scripts to make them SQL Azure compliant
- Hiding categories instead of deleting
- Publish + Expire date to show FAQ only a limited time
- If faqid query string parameter is added to Url, no categories, no sorting
dropdown are shown. Only the corresponding FAQ with expanded answer
- DNN Search now references the special FAQ item, not only the page with all
FAQs on it
- Implemented DNN6 Form Pattern
- Export + Import complete rewritten to better handle the hierarchical categories
- FaqCategoryParentId in FAQCategory is now NULL for root categories
What is next?
For the next version, we aim to address the social API for DNN 6.2 as well as
handle some of the requests that got the most votes on
If you have a request for the FAQ module, enter it in the
on CodePlex and get some votes! Only the issues and requests for enhancements
and new features that are entered in our project page on CodePlex will received
our attention. Be assured that we will give your request our attention. We know
that there is still work to be carried out before we can call this a splendid unbeatable
The FAQ team would like to thank everyone who contributed to this release. It
is nice to experience positive feedback on the work that we, DNN FAQ team volunteers,
are carrying out.