The Events module is a very popular module for lot of DNN users. The current Events team (essentially Roger Selwyn and myself) have been working hard in the last years to bring this module up to date, enhancing it, creating new versions, making documentation, provide instructions, and (especially Roger) answering a mega load of questions from users and when they were posted in the Events forum. The activities of the Events team was rewarded by recognition of the DNN community and sometimes by compliments and “thank you” in the Events forum.
The Events team is still full of new plans for the upcoming releases of the module. Not only does the issue list on CodePlex has almost 100 requests for enhancements, we ourselves have a lot of ideas for new Events releases in the next year, e.g. hugely improving the UX by implementing some of the nice Telerik controls into the module.
An important issue in every development project is testing. In 2010 I have worked together with Declan Ward (volunteer in the DNN release process team, thank you Declan for your efforts) to create a number of fully automated UI tests by using the Selenium web application testing system. This proved to be a huge timesaver when developing new versions of Events.
A new team member is needed
Looking into the future we would really love to welcome a new team member who is willing to do some of the (automated) testing and verification. Having a team member around who is willing to to verify the things that other Event team members have created, would speed up the way for Events releases.
What do we ask for?
- A DNN person who is using the Events module
- Who is willing to spend a couple of hours per month (more is allowed) for some time
- Who has some idea about automated testing or is willing to learn how to save time
- And has ideas for improving Events
What do we offer?
- Active team members who are very nice to work with (you will become more motivated than ever in your professional life)
- Community recognition
- Eternal fame (well, depends how you define eternity)
- A better Events module in the end
Are you interested?
Please contact me at ernstpeter.tamminga AT dotnetnuke.com