I am pleased to announce that DotNetNuke 5.6.2 is officially released. This release resolves a number of outstanding issues with the 5.6.0 and 5.6.1 versions and adds a few new significant enhancements including:
- User Management – 5.6.2 now includes the ability to restore or remove soft-deleted users. For more information on this feature please see the recent blog post by Ash Prasad and my follow-up video post.
- Improved Performance – This release includes 20 different performance enhancements that continues our focus on providing a fast, scalable web platform for delivering your content and applications to your users.
Below is a summary of the major features for this release. For more information about a specific issue please refer to the official change log.
What's New in 05.06.02
- Fixed issue where HTML Editor dialogs were not displaying correctly in alternate languages
- Fixed issue with Regex for email validation
- Fixed race condition in the core scheduler
- Fixed issue where editing Host page settings would result in broken host menu
- Fixed issue where "Apply to All Modules" setting was not propogating settings correctly.
- Fixed issue where browser language detection was not working for child portals
- Fixed issues where ASPX pages in subfolders were returning an error
- Fixed issue where the Host Users list was not showing the correct users
- Fixed issue where SendMail API was throwing validation error on valid email address.
- Fixed issue where adding runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" to web.config would result in some file types not being accessible
- Enhanced Host>SQL module to log module usage
- Enhanced user manager to allow users to be restored or hard-deleted
- Enhanced the way modules are identified in HTML for easier CSS control
- Added the ability to disable the Auto-PortalAlias feature
- Added numerous performance enhancements
The following modules and providers have been updated in the 5.6.2 packages. Please see the specific project pages for notes on what bugs or enhancements were corrected with each release.
- Blog 04.01.00
- Documents 04.01.02
- Forum 05.00.01
- RazorHost 01.00.01
- Store 03.00.00