Dear DotNetNuke Community,
Movember is coming up, and I am getting the DotNetNuke Team going again this year. For those of you who weren’t with the company last year Movember is this. You start with a clean shaven face on November 1st, and grow a mustache (not a beard, not a goatee) for the ENTIRE month, to raise awareness (and money) for cancers that effect men, primarily prostate cancer.
Still not sure what I mean? Check out the video slide show of some of last year’s participants!
Last year DotNetNuke as a company/community raised over $6k dollars, this year I am hoping with a little more effort and community support we can raise $10k. While I was pushing Movember last year, I am far more invested this year as it hits much closer to home now. My father begins treatment for prostate cancer on November 15.
Last year I think we had somewhere around 30-35 team members total, with a company nearing 70 people, we should easily be able to get at least 50 into our DotNetNuke network, plus community members as well. We are doing multiple teams this year, something we didn’t do last year. We have a US team, a Canadian team, and I am hoping we can get a European team going as well. This should make collecting funds easier in the various currencies. All these teams tally up under the DotNetNuke Network on Movember.com.
Getting started with Movember is easy, and fun, here are the steps.
- Get permission (if applicable) from your spouse/significant other to a) Grow a Mustache for the month of November or b) Get your spouse/significant other to grow a mustache as your surrogate. This doesn’t always go over well with wives and girlfriends, husbands or boyfriends so get working on them ASAP!
- Join one of the DotNetNuke teams on Movember.com for the US team go to http://bit.ly/dnnmo for the Canadian team go to http://bit.ly/dnnmoca
- Spread the word of Movember, when people ask you why you are growing a mustache, BE PROUD let them know about Movember!
- Get your friends, family, strangers, etc to donate to the cause! They can easily donate online, and based on the two teams, they can either donate in US$ or that crazy Canadian monopoly money! To have someone donate to the Canadian team use the URL http://bit.ly/donatemoca for the US team http://bit.ly/donatemo
- Send me (ch[email protected]) a photo of your (or your surrogate’s) clean shaven mug (Face) on November 1st .
- Send me a photo of your (or your surrogate’s) Movember mug on 11/15 and 11/30, with your mustache in full grow.
30 Days of Photos Extra Credit:
I am looking for volunteers to post a photo daily, so we can do some 30 day time lapse photos of your mustache growth. If you’re interested in doing that, please follow these directions.
- Take a photo every day, preferably in the morning
- Try to take the same profile, size, etc, photo each day.
- Send them to me each day, I will create the time lapse of the photos at the end of the month
Movember is supposed to be fun, a month of growing a Mustache to raise awareness for cancers that effect men. Proceeds from the campaign go to LiveStrong and the Prostate Cancer Foundation here in the United States, or Prostate Cancer Canada up north.
Learn more about Movember at http://www.movember.com/
Have fun with this!
If you have any questions please let me know!
Now get ready to Grow That Mo!
Do you work for a company that uses DotNetNuke? How about a little partner competition as well. Create a Team for your company, and join the DotNetNuke network as well! Let's see which company can raise the most Movember fundage!