When one or more languages are enabled in DNN_Platform version 7.3.2, duplicate keys are created in dbo.PortalSettings table. Because of this duplicate keys, save site settings are not properly displayed. Later, site administrator cannot update the site settings.
he DNN website with one or more languages cannot update/read the sitesettings. This is a very critical bug.
To reproduce this bug, follow these steps:
1) Download the brand new DNN_Platform 7.3.2 from codeplex and install it.
2) Create some sample pages (about us and contact us) for testing purpose.
3) Open the table dbo.PortalSetting in backend. There should not be any duplicate keys. See the attachment - dbo.PortalSettings_BeforeAddingLangauge.PNG
4) Go to Admin -> Langauges and add one or more languages (German Switzerland).
5) Switch to en-US and Go to Admin -> Site Settings -> User Account Settings -> Login Settings.
6) Change the setting Redirect After Login and Redirect After Logout. See the attachment
7) Switch to de-CH and Go to Admin -> Site Settings -> User Account Settings -> Login Settings.
8) Change the setting Redirect After Login and Redirect After Logout.
7) Once you updated the settings, changes are not shown. See the attachment.
8) Exact problem is reported in event viewer. See the attachment - ErrorLog.PNG
9) Now duplicate entries are stored in dbo.PortalSettings table.
The same problems is also reported here: https://dnntracker.atlassian.net/browse/DNN-5930?filter=-2