Adding a User to a Role
How to add a user to a role or change a user's role access.
- Navigate to > User Accounts - OR - Go to a User Accounts module.
- Find the required user by using a filter or by performing a search.
- Click the Manage button beside the required user account.
- At Security Role, select the role this user will be added to.
- Optional. At Effective Date, click the Calendar button and select the first date the user can access this role or leave blank to grant immediate access. See "Working with the Calendar"
- Optional. At Expiry Date, click the Calendar button and select the last date the user can access this role or leave blank if access doesn't expire.
- Optional. If the role is a social group, then mark the check box at Is Owner? if the user is an owner of the role - OR - unmark the check box to disable.
- At Send Email?, mark the check box to send a notification email to the user informing them of their new role access. This is the default setting. - OR - unmark the check box to add the user to the role without notifying them.
- Click the Add Role To User button. The updated role details are now displayed in the list below.
- Repeat Steps 3-9 to add this user to additional roles.
Open topic with navigation