Managing Folder Properties
How to modify the properties and permissions of a folder within including enabling and configuring file versioning and workflow. Users (including anonymous users) must be granted Write to Folder permission to the folder.
- Navigate to > File Management - OR - Go to a module.
- Navigate to the required folder. See "Navigating to and Selecting Folders"
- Right click on the folder and select View Folder Properties.
- The following information is displayed:
- Preview: Displays a thumbnail image of the folder.
- Size: Total size of all the files within this folder.
- Total Files: Total number of the files within this folder.
- Created: Date and time when this folder was created. This field will be blank for folders that were generated when the site was built.
- Created By: First and last name of the user who created this folder. This field will be blank for folders that were generated when the site was built.
- Modified: Date and time when this folder was last modified.
- Modified By: First and last name of the last user to modify the properties of this folder.
- Folder Type: Indicates the type of folder. I.e. Standard, secure, or database.
- In the Folder Name text box, enter a new folder name. Warning. Renaming a folder does not update any references to the files within the folder across the site. E.g. If a file within this folder is an image that is displayed in the module, then renaming the folder will break the path to the image and the image path will need to be manually updated by editing the module. Because of this, it is recommended that folder are only renamed before files are added.
- Click the Save button to save the new folder name.
Open topic with navigation