Tracking Link Clicks
How to track the number of times a link is clicked using the Link Control. This option can be used with any of the link types (URL, , File or User). Link Tracking information is displayed on the Edit Item page of any link it is enabled for.
- At Track Number Of Times This Link Is Clicked? mark the check box to enable link tracking. - OR - unmark the check box to disable it.
- Click the Update button.
- To view the link tracking data, update this page and then return to the Edit of this item.
Enabling this setting records and displays the following additional link information:
- URL: Displays the URL that will be tracked. E.g. http://awesomecycles.biz/LinkClick.aspx?link=59&tabid=84&mid=478&language=en-US. Note: In the below image, more than one language is enabled for the site, therefore the link includes the associated language.
- Clicks: The total number of times this link has been clicked. This total includes clicks on other occurrences of this link on this module. However it does not include clicks on this link for other Links modules or any other types of modules. E.g. Click 3
- Last Click: The time and date when the link was last clicked. E.g. 8/25/2011 2:37:49 PM
Open topic with navigation