Adding and Editing Content
How to add content to the Pro module. Add basic text, rich text or paste in using the . Alternatively, See "Adding and Editing Content Inline"
Prerequisite. If a workflow other than direct publishing is required, the required workflow must be activated on the site (See "Activating/Deactivating a Workflow") and set for this module, See "Setting a Workflow".
- Go to the Pro module.
- Select Edit > Edit Content from the module actions menu - OR - Hover the mouse over the content and click the Edit button that is exposed in the top right corner of the content.
- Optional. In the Summary section, enter a summary for mobile devices. See "Displaying/Hiding Summary" for more details.
- Enter the content using one of these methods. See "Adding Basic Text and HTML", See "Adding Rich Text", See "Pasting HTML Content"
- Optional. Click the Preview tab below the to view the content currently displayed in the - OR - Select the Content Preview tab above the . If Direct Publish (rather than Save Draft) is used for this module, then skip to Step 7.
- At On Save? / Publish Changes?, select from the below options (Note: This field only displays when Save Draft is enabled. See "Setting a Workflow"):
- Mark the check box to publish these changes and set them as ready for approval. This automatically locks the content until it is either published or the lock is manually removed by an .
- Unmark the check box if the content is not yet ready for publishing/approval. This allows a draft to be saved that can be edited at a later stage before being submitted for approval.
- Mark the check box at Lock Content? to lock this content from further changes until the changes are published - OR - Unmark the check box to allow additional changes to this draft prior to publishing.
- At Publish Date, select the date and time this content will be published. Content will still require approval before it is published.
- Click the Save button. If Direct Publishing is set for this module, the content changes are now displayed in the Pro module. If Content Approval is enabled, continue this tutorial.
- Enter a useful comment regarding this update (if prompted). Note "Save Draft" does not ask for a comment. The "Content Approval" asks for comment twice, once while publishing and once while approving/rejecting.
- Click the Add Comment button. This enters these changes into the next stage of content approval and sends out notification messages as set in the workflow. Users will be notified when their changes are approved or rejected.
Any of the following tasks can now be performed:
Open topic with navigation